About Warm Hearts
HEART-TO-HEART FACTS ABOUT WARM HEARTS OF DOUGLAS COUNTY, INC.
- Warm Hearts of Douglas County, Inc., originally Lawrence Warm Hearts, is a non-profit agency formed in December of 1982 to assist Douglas County individuals and families in low-income households struggling to pay their winter heating-fuel bills.
- To reduce household heating fuel consumption, Warm Hearts strongly encourages energy conservation and home weatherization to all Douglas County residents. One source of additional information, Black Hills Energy’s Energy-Saving Tips, can be found on the website for Black Hills Energy.
- Warm Hearts donations are applied to the costs for heating fuel only. Warm Hearts donations are not applied to utility deposits, turn-on charges, reconnection charges, or other utility fees for services.
- Donations from Douglas County residents living outside Lawrence are used to assist families in these donor’s communities.
- Applications for Warm Hearts Emergency Fuel Assistance are available at the Ballard Center, Douglas County Senior Services, ECKAN, Penn House and The Salvation Army in Lawrence.
- Contributions to Warm Hearts of Douglas County will be matched through Black Hills Cares, the energy assistance program of natural gas utility Black Hills Energy. Yes, that is right……Black Hills Energy will provide Warm Hearts with an amount equal to your contribution, with the entire total going to help low-income residents who qualify.
- Donations are accepted using PayPal account, debit or credit card, or by mailing a tax deductible donation made payable to Black Hills Cares to Warm Hearts, P O Box 1555, Lawrence, KS 66044-8555
Warm Hearts Board Members