We're here to help!
Don't wait. If you and your family are struggling to make ends meet and are concerned your gas may be turned off, apply today.
How it Works
When an application is submitted it will be received by one of the 5 nonprofit social service agnecies within Douglas County and reviewed by the administration office for final approval. They will verify the household income reported on the application along with personal identification of all applicants before proceeding.
Payments for assistance will be made directly to the utility company or vendor and will not exceed $300.00 per household for the duration of the season (with the exception of approved $400.00 applications for propane or wood).
Along with an application to Warm Hearts, we also encourage all applicants to apply for a LIEAP award.
(Low Income Energy Assistance Program)
1. Applicant must reside within Douglas County.
2. Meet gross income guidelines based on current Federal Poverty Guidelines.
3. Provide proof of having paid on their primary fuel bill during the period of time for which assistance is being requested.
4. Provide verifiable income information for the three (3) months preceding the date of application.
5. Provide full and complete information required to determine eligibility during the application process.
6. Provide a copy of any shutoff notices currently pending, if either natural gas or propane is the primary source of fuel.
7. Apply in person, except in verifiable medical emergencies. In such circumstances, an agent may be designated by the applicant.
Where to Apply
THE BALLARD/PENN HOUSE COMMUNITY CENTER
708 Elm St. (785) 842-0729
EAST CENTRAL KANSAS ECONOMIC CORP/ECKAN
2518 Ridge Court (785) 841-3357
THE SALVATION ARMY OF DOUGLAS COUNTY
946 New Hampshire (785) 843-4188 ext. 104
THE SENIOR RESOURCE CENTER FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
2920 Haskell Ave. (785) 842-0543
CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF NORTHEAST KANSAS
1525 West 6th St. (785) 856-2694